Raising an eco-friendly bay can be his/her bit towards saving the environment. Read on for tips on raising an eco-friendly infant.
Raising a Green Baby
Environmental issues have become a major concern in today's world. We have to make conscious efforts to take the pressure off the environment. Well, if you thought that your new born baby cannot contribute his/her bit towards restoring ecological balance, you are definitely in for a surprise. Your little one can be made eco-friendly right from his/her birth. This is the only way we can safeguard the planet resources and ensure that our children's future is safe as well. Environmental consciousness can begin right from the time of birth of your baby. By being eco-friendly, don't assume that you are not doing the best for your kid. You just need to follow the basics and buy products that are both suitable for your baby and the environment. Read further to find some tips on dealing with environmental concerns even after the birth of your baby.
Raising Eco-Friendly Baby
- The first step would be to make a list of the things that your baby would require. Certain things like cots, beds and cupboard can either be borrowed from friends and family or you can buy them second-hand.
- Next in line, comes the type of items you buy. Rather than buying things that can be exclusively used by a boy or girl, buy things that both can use. This will lead to saving resources as well.
- Instead of using disposable maternity briefs that are a waste, use cotton ones that can be washed and reused and even if they are disposed off, they are biodegradable.
- Breastfeeding qualifies as the most environment friendly food for your baby. Mother's milks is deemed as the most sterile and healthy food for a toddler. Feed breast milk to your baby instead of formula food, as long it is practicable.
- Do not opt for disposable breast pads. Instead, use washable breast pads, as they are eco-friendly.
- When it comes to infant's nappies, get reusable cloth nappies made of cotton. These are simple to use and long lasting and can be used for more than one child.
- You can get your baby wooden toys rather than the plastic ones. This is an effective way for being eco-friendly parent.
- In terms of clothes, the best bet would be to buy secondhand baby clothes. Since babies grow very quickly, the clothes are hardly worn.
- Some of the other items which you can get second hand include cot linen, soft furnishings, bouncy chairs and inflatable baby nests.
- While getting wooden objects, such as high chairs and baby toys, keep away from tropical hardwoods. Instead, look for ones made from trees grown in sustainable forests.
- In terms of baby care toiletries, use the ones that are eco-friendly. These items use natural ingredients that are soft and kind to baby and toddler's skin.
- Once you baby has grown and can consume solids, make him/her your own baby food rather than getting packaged ones.