Babies are blessed with the most adorable and delicate skin, which should be cared for everyday. Read on for tips on daily skin care for infants.
Everyday Baby Skin Care
The delicate and sensitive skin of your baby needs proper care. The air doesn�t seem to be so much pure and crisp as before and the pollution in the air and surroundings can irritate the skin resulting into more sensitiveness. Special attention and care has to be given to your tiny tots, and their skin should be taken care of everyday, apart from daily body massages. Baby�s skin is very delicate and much different from the adult�s and can become extra sensitive to sunrays as enough melanin is not produced in babies. Parents are often seen to expose their babies directly to sunlight; however it is not a very healthy practice. Apart from taking certain precautions, use and application of baby skincare products is extremely relevant and proper guidance should be taken from dermatologists to serve the purpose. Read on to know more about effective tips on everyday skincare for infants.
Daily Skin Care For Babies
- Skin care for babies starts from their very first bath and parents should make sure that bath water is lukewarm in summers too and a little bit warmer in winters, so that skin doesn’t become dry or rash. Diluted soap should be applied to the skin for keeping it moistured. A mild moisturizing lotion should be applied in good quantities on the skin to make it supple and soft.
- Babies often suffer from acne problems, but most of the time it is a temporary thing and disappears on its own, the reason being there are left over hormones in the baby’s system from the mother. For the treatment part, make sure you never prick the acne, as it would result into scarring. Try some specially made natural baby skin products for acne prone skin or just make sure you often clean the acne area with damp cotton to make it dirt free.
- Mineral-based oils can be avoided as they tend to dry the skin when absorbed, rather go for organic and natural oil like coconut, lavender, chamomile, rose etc. as they soothe the skin more and impart it more moisture
- Talcum powders for babies can contain bleach like substances that are harmful for your baby’s skin and can darken portions of baby’s body if accumulate on any area.
- Babies are always put into diapers and irritation starts to develop due to that, so make sure that you free your babies of diapers for two or three times in a day and apply some diaper rash cream on the parts in case of rashes, before fixing the diapers.
- Always use dye-free or fragrance-free detergents for washing baby clothes as usual family detergents may irritate the baby’s skin and rashes can appear due to that.
- Selection of clothes is also very important as per the season, make sure you use linen or cotton clothes in summer as these fabrics make the air pass through quickly and rashes will not develop. In winters, clothes should be warm enough and loose-fitted, as skin can get red at some parts if tightly tied.