Are you looking for some tips while buying baby sleeping bags? Go through this article and know how to buy sleeping bags for infants.
Baby Sleeping Bags
The concept of baby sleeping bags, though considerably new in many countries of the world, has been in vogue since quite sometime. They are nothing, but specially designed sleeping bags that are meant for the purpose of keeping a baby warm, secure and comfortable at night. When should a baby be allowed to sleep in the bags has been a subject of debate and is still controversial. While in some parts of the world, babies are made to sleep in the bags as soon as they are born, in others, they need to be a few months old to be allowed to sleep in these specially designed sleeping bags.
There are a number of reasons why parents opt for sleeping bags for their babies. It is said that the coziness of a baby sleeping bag helps reinforce the sleeping pattern of a baby and gives him/her the security is needed by the baby to sleep. There are a number of things that disturb a sleeping baby - a wet nappy, hunger, pain or feeling cold. While all the other causes are grasped by parents, they hardly come to know that the baby is feeling cold. This is where baby sleeping bags come to their rescue. Read the article to find some tips on how to buy sleeping bags for infants, in case you are contemplating to buy one.
Buying Baby Sleeping Bags
- Choose your baby's sleeping bag according to the prevailing season, so that he/she stays comfortably warm and does not overheat. Bags are given a TOG rating according to the warmth they provide. The higher the TOG figure, the warmer will be the bag. In winter, a baby sleeping bag should have a rating of 4 TOG - 2.2 TOG. In summers, you'll need a sleeping bag with a lower TOG rating.
- When you are buying a new sleeping bag for your child, make sure to check that the design and weight do not add to the heating process, thereby leading to overheating.
- It is advisable to go for a sleeping bag that has deep sleeve holes, so that the air gets room to circulate throughout the bag. This will work to prevent the bag from getting overheated.
- While determining the size of your baby sleeping bag, make sure that it small enough to prevent your baby from sliding down inside the bag. At the same time, it should be big enough to allow him/her to kick legs freely, without the risk of being uncovered.
- Never ever get a quilted sleeping bag for your baby, as it can get too hot for your baby to handle. If you feel that your baby might feel cold in it, you can always put a sheet on the sleeping bag.
Comment On This Article