Making the baby follow a daily routine will be comforting for both of you. Read on for tips on planning a daily routine with the infant.
As you have a new baby whose care will take up most of your time, it is better you make a plan and have a daily routine in place. Since you will have to take care of the baby, you may not be able to pay much attention to the rest of your family. You have an additional responsibility now that needs maximum attention and care on your part. Accept this and make changes at home to make things easier for you. Make a realistic plan that you are able to follow without much difficulty and distress. It is important to remember that you will have to plan your day around your baby’s. We have complied tips from others parents on how to manage your home and your baby in those initial days. Read on to know how to plan a baby routine.
- If you can afford it, hire someone, to help with some of the chores around the house like cleaning, ironing, shopping etc.
- Try to keep the baby awake in the early evening time, so that he/she sleeps for a longer duration in the night. You will also be able to sleep sound if the baby doesn’t wake up frequently in the night.
- You should also try to schedule the other activities of your baby, such as baths and play time along with naps and eating.
- Make sure that you stick to the same schedule during the week and on weekends. This will make it easier for the baby to fall into a set pattern. .
- Take time to do something that you enjoy and makes you happy everyday. It can be talking to a friend, watching TV, or listening to music. If you are happy and relaxed, you will be able to take better care of your baby.
- On the weekends, you and your partner can take turns in looking after the baby, so that you get sometime off.
- Cook your dinner early, as you will be exhausted by the evening and will have to begin cooking all over again. At least prepare most of it, so that you have very little to do later.
By the age of six months, most of the babies begin to develop a rather predictable schedule for sleeping, feeding and playing. You just have to solidify those patterns by introducing your baby to a routine that is comfortable for both you and him/her. Remember no matter how hard you work, you may not be able to do all your household chores. The important thing is not to over burden yourself and to find time for yourself and to enjoy the new baby.
Comment On This Article