Organic nappies are the “in” thing today! Read on to find out more on their benefits and know how to choose organic diapers.
In the tug of war between the cloth diapers and the disposable ones, it is the more recently introduced organic or biodegradable disposable diaper that seems to have won conclusively. With cloth diapers being messy to handle, and the disposable diapers considered to be ecological threats, the organic diapers seems to be a perfect solution to all of these problems. Organic diapers are believed to be made of biodegradable materials that decompose easily and can be easily flushed or composted. Concerned parents now can opt for a healthier, more environment-friendly option for their little babies, who unknowingly contribute to this entire bio-degradation process. Disposable diapers add to ecological degradation. The ever-growing heaps of non-biodegradable diaper waste are a big threat to our environment. To bail us out from further damage, concerned manufacturers have come up with organic diapers, also called the smart cloth. Organic diapers have all the benefits of their disposable counterparts, with the added advantage of being eco-friendly. They can be flushed or changed into compost for your garden. Read on to know more on the benefits of organic diapers and how to use them.
Benefits Of Organic Diapers
- The greatest advantage of organic disposable diapers is that you can trash it in your garbage can without worry.
- An organic diaper comes with the goodness of both cloth and disposable diapers. They are easy on your baby’s skin.
- Organic diapers are much more absorbent than their cloth equivalents, and hence help in keeping your babies dry and comfortable for longer hours.
- The best thing about organic diapers is that they are 100% natural and non-allergic. They are best choice for your baby’s tender skin, as they are softer and run no risk of rashes and skin irritations.
- What more, you don’t have to wash these disposable diapers. Just flush them or use them as compost.
How To Choose Organic Diapers
- If cost is a concern for you, you can go for the organic pre-fold diapers. Apart from being affordable, these diapers are easily adjustable and can be used from birth till potty training and beyond. However, there is a flipside to these diapers. Tying pre-fold organic diapers can be a time-consuming affair, and they are a bit difficult to handle. They are also more susceptible to leakages than the more fitted ones.
- If you are looking for options on organic diapers, totally-organic fitted cloth diapers are the ones to go for. Available in a variety of sizes these diapers are adjustable and can be used till your baby gets toilet trained. However, you would need pins or diaper fasteners to secure them. These nappies are less prone to leakages because of elastic fittings, and run a lower risk of rashes.
- If time is a concern for you, then you can opt for all-in-one organic diapers that are easy to fix and are available in a host of different colors and sizes. These have strong built-in moisture barriers and are washable. All-in-one organic diapers come with Velcro or snaps and can be easily adjusted to your baby’s size. The downside is that they are more expensive than the regular pre-fold diapers and can cause skin rashes at times.
- Pocket all-in-one diapers are a better option than the normal all-in-one diapers. They are available in a variety of colors and sizes and are moisture-resistant.
- Organic diapers are usually made of cotton, hemp, bamboo and soy fiber. To know what is best for your baby, pick a sample of each fabric. Hot wash the fabrics with mild detergent and dry on medium heat in order to understand how soft these fabrics are and how absorbent they can be.
Comment On This Article